Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] I have a title page - how about a back page ?

Another option is to use the placeholder template named 'back.cover'.
It is empty by default, and called by the book template after all the book's content. This option would be appropriate if the back page is boilerplate whose content is not necessarily in the document itself. The template could, of course, draw on parts of the content of the document using XPath.

If your document is an article and not a book, then colophon is the only choice, because the article template does not call the 'back.cover' template.