Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] I have a title page - how about a back page ?

Bo, Richard,
Thank you both for your suggestions.

I hadn't noticed back.cover but I think that sounds like the better option.  As Bob suggests it is "boiler-plate" with no differences between documents.
I think colophon requires docbook source so I'm not sure if I'd be able to force it in using a customization.

But .... I've just seen Bob's last sentence - my document is an article so either I will need to make a boiler-plate colophon work, or somehow add back.cover to article.

I've got plenty of customization already.  I am working on a title page (or cover) which I am trying to get to mimic an existing design in Word.  Once I've got that settled I'll do a back page to look similar.

Appreciatively,
Richard.

Richard Kerry
BNCS Engineer, SI SOL Telco & Media Vertical Practice

T: +44 (0)20 3618 2669
M: +44 (0)7812 325518
Lync: +44 (0) 20 3618 0778
Room G300, Stadium House, Wood Lane, London, W12 7TA
richard.kerry@atos.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2014 1:00 AM
To: Richard Hamilton; Kerry, Richard

Another option is to use the placeholder template named 'back.cover'.
It is empty by default, and called by the book template after all the book's content. This option would be appropriate if the back page is boilerplate whose content is not necessarily in the document itself.
The template could, of course, draw on parts of the content of the document using XPath.

If your document is an article and not a book, then colophon is the only choice, because the article template does not call the 'back.cover'
template.