Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] href customization in DocBook5

I did this a little while ago, with the help of Bob. I marked all the links that I wanted to convert with a "relative" Role. (This wasn't a problem for me, as I was already converting the files from another format. If adding an attribute to all of your relative links is a problem, maybe you could try and parse href attribute somehow).

This is the customization I have for FO (overriding the fo-external-image template):

  <xsl:template name="fo-external-image">
    <xsl:param name="filename"/>

    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="$fop.extensions != 0">
        <xsl:value-of select="$filename"/>
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
        <xsl:choose>
          <xsl:when test="./@role = 'relative'">
            <xsl:value-of select="concat('url($prefix, $filename, ')')"/>
          </xsl:when>
          <xsl:otherwise>
            <xsl:value-of select="concat('url(', $filename, ')')"/>
          </xsl:otherwise>
        </xsl:choose>
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>