Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to customize a template from division.xsl?

Hi Ken,
Customization of the chunking stylesheet requires a two-file setup. That process, and the background about why it is needed, is described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ChunkingCustomization.html

The problem you ran into is that the chunking stylesheet processes each chunk element twice: to make it into a chunk file, and to format the content of the element within that file. Copying the formatting template to the main chunking stylesheet (the one you apply to your file) messes up the first part, leading to that odd error message.