Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] removing inline attributes from tables

Hi Carlos,
There is no parameter to turn of all style attributes (but perhaps there should be).

However, you can customize a template that will turn off almost all of them. That template starts with:

<xsl:template match="*" mode="convert.to.style">

and is located in xhtml5/html5-element-mods.xsl. At the point where it generates the @style attribute, you can comment out or remove that code:

      <xsl:attribute name="style">
        <xsl:value-of select="$style"/>
      </xsl:attribute>

Here is a little background explanation, if you are interested.
Many traditional HTML attributes generated by DocBook XSL are no longer allowed in HTML5. The xhtml5 stylesheet uses xsl:apply-imports to generate the regular DocBook xhtml output into a variable, and then processes that xhtml output again to deal with those attributes. It converts many of them to CSS styles and outputs them in an @style attribute, which is allowed. That's what this template is doing. But in your case, you don't want any @style, so comment out those lines.