Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Workaround for xinclude path bug, fixed in xsltproc 1.1.27?

Hello,

Am 12.09.2014 um 00:19 schrieb Warren Young:

> If you build the docs in-tree (./configure && make), the generated files and static DocBook source files end up in the same directory, so there is no problem.
>
> The problem comes when you use the build system's ability to build outside the source code tree.  In that case, you end up with about half the files -- the ones lightly preprocessed -- in the build tree and the rest left behind in the source tree.  You can use xsltproc --path feature to point to both directories to cope with this, unless you're using an old xsltproc and you have an XInclude in a build tree file that refers to a file in the source tree, which in turn XIncludes a file that lives in the build tree.  Older xsltprocs can't follow that double indirection.

Have you thought about using an XML catalog file?

I once had a problem, where some files where not located, where xsltproc was locking form them. I was able to use a catalog to supply a 'corrected' path for those files.

I did not use xinclude, so I don't know, wether catalogs are used to locate xindluded files.

73, Mario
--
Mario Klebsch
mario@klebsch.de