Subject: Colophon doesn't reset footnote numbering

I just ran into a bug in the fo stylesheets.

If a colophon has a footnote (or a link and you've set ulink.footnotes) and the preceding chapter, appendix, etc., also has a footnote, then the footnote numbering in the colophon will not start from 1; it will start from where the preceding section ended.

It looks like the error is in the following two templates:

footnote.xsl: <xsl:template match="d:footnote" mode="footnote.number">
xref.xsl: <xsl:template name="ulink.footnote.number">

In both templates, the variable fnum is calculated using xsl:number.  I believe the error is that the from attribute for xsl:number should include colophon, but it doesn't.

Given that there's a note stating "list in @from is probably not complete", and given that making this change fixed the problem, I think that's all that needs to be done to fix this bug.

Does anyone know if there is anything else that might have to be changed?

Best regards,
Dick Hamilton
-------
XML Press