Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Multiple Languages in one DocBook Document

Hi,

I encountered this problem years ago when I began to use docbook. (see
at http://www.yojik.eu/  (not a commercial website, just my bare
personnal website without any ad)). I did and do many formating of
languages learning books (mostly English.Russian) , documents and the
formating with fop is always wrong (wrong Hyphneation, wrong
ponctuatuion rules ,etc ..)(only simple multilanguage documents could be
achieved properly with fop).

One way for me to solve the problem is to use DBlatex to convert the
document to Latex (XeTeX).

DBlatex needs some customization work, but the result is excellent.

Maybe more work on a LaTeX backend would be interesting (docbook5
processing for example)

Best regards

Eric