Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Tests Framework for DocBook Stylesheets & Customizations?

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 15:11:27 +0200
Thomas Schraitle <tom_schr@web.de> wrote:

> Apart from this technical implementations, I'm more interested in the
> overall structure. What would be a "good" test environment for
> stylesheet customizations? Or even the DocBook stylesheets itself?

Start at the bottom? A basic 1.0 transformer and standard docbook?
I know Norm et al have test files. How about finding a way to check
the actual with expected output (using either XSLT 1 or 2 and 'some
form' of checking). Once you start to build up a series of tests that
is looking promising, then address integration of a test suite?
Perhaps using ant or bash or ..... whatever?
   With your (reasonable IMHO) basic Is this there (attribute/element)
   then I think this approach quite reasonable and XSLT (Schematron?)
   should suffice without buying xml diff tools.

HTH

--

regards

--