Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] [WebHelp] Incorrect initial scroll to anchor in Chrome

On 2014-10-29 Jirka Kosek wrote:
> On 27.10.2014 19:04, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> > This seems to be caused by the following script located in the
> main.js file:
> >
> > var hash = window.location.hash;
> > if (hash) {
> >    var targetOffset = $(hash).offset().top - 120;
> >    $('html,body').animate({scrollTop: targetOffset}, 200);
> >    return false;
> > }
>
> Could you try replacing $('html,body') with $('#content'). I recall
> that there were some problems related to former selector, but I'm not sure
> whether this will help here.

Thanks for the hint. This approach would be much easier, but it unfortunately doesn't help.

In meantime I discovered it works fine for files browsed from local disk, but fails when files are located on a local network or Internet. So I suppose it is somehow related to security.

I've tried to create a minimal example, but I reduced it too much so it is working. I am going to do a better job ;-)

Regards, Jan