Subject: fop and embedding fonts

Hi,
I'm attempting font-embedding with Apache FOP 1.1 with difficulties. Is there a tutorial on setting this up?

In my xsl customization layer I set "body.font.family" to 'Droid'.
<xsl:param name="body.font.family">Droid</xsl:param>

In my fo configuration file, I specify the TrueType font:
  embed-url="">

specified in the renderer for application/pdf. When I compile the document, I don't see any errors or warnings, but Droid is not listed in the fonts, let alone being embedded.

But the settings have some effect though, since the body text in the pdf has '#' for each character that is supposed to be in the body font.

I am reading the fop fonts doc (with 1.1 the metrics are optional it says).
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.1/fonts.html

and the DocBook XSL Guide on fonts:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/AddFont.html

Anyone see what I'm doing wrong?