Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] fop and embedding fonts

Thanks David,
I'm working on a Linux box, and was trying to use the fonts from my TeX installation.

I did finally succeed:

 These lines in the fop configuration file:
<directory recursive="true">/AppDocs/tex/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/truetype</directory>
<directory recursive="true">/AppDocs/tex/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1</directory>

That will automatically embed the fonts; if there is a type1 font with the same name as a truetype font, it wins (I guess because it comes second in the list). However, in my version of fop (1.1), subsetting type1 fonts is not supported.

Also, by specifying the body font in the stylesheets like this:
<xsl:param name="body.font.family" select="'NimbusRomNo9L-Regu, Meiryo'"/>

For Latin characters, the Nimbus fonts are used (it is a Times clone), and when it runs into characters not available in that font, it switches to Meiryo (a Japanese Unicode font).

thanks,
--Tim