Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Image scaling in Eclipse help

On 17.12.2014 6:59, Shikareva, Ekaterina wrote:
> I've tried various combinations of stylesheet parameters regarding graphics<http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/graphics.html>, as well as applying CSS styles (width and max-width parameters) to img, .mediaobject, .informalfigure, and .figure. Can't find the correct combination or find the solution online.

This is currently not supported in stylesheets in a fully automated way.
If you know, which images are big and should be scaled down, you can
specify width="100%" on them. Don't use any other attributes.

The problem is that users can open documentation in windows of different
sizes and thus it's impossible to know in advance which images should be
scaled down and which not. In recent browsers you can solve this very
elegantly by specifying max-width: 100% for all images.

					Jirka

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing