Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] docbook -> docx

Hi Fredrik,

pandoc does a decent job of converting DocBook to .docx.

See:

http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/  and for a detailed review,

http://www.objectorientedphp.com/articles/pandoc.html

Peter

On 23 January 2015 at 08:45, Fredrik Unger <fred@tree.se> wrote:
Hi,

I am looking into generating reports that has to be Word 2010.

Now I am able to get reasonable results with a simple test file using python-docx, currently just writing the report in python.

My plan would be :
- Generate/write docbook file
- Create docx file with styles as template in Word 2010
- Translate docbook -> docx using python-docx building a
  small python library

This gives me the freedom to generate the reports in docbook xml using
the tools in python, xml, templates etc.

My current document contains, text, tables, images which all are supported in python-docx.

Are there any better alternatives to this approach ?

Thanks,

Fredrik Unger