Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Problem customizing appendix title (for PDF)

Hi Erik,

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 22:29:12 +0100
Erik Leunissen <elns@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I want the label of an appendix in an article to show up in a final
> PDF as follows:
>
> Bijlage 1. SomeDutchTitle
> [...]
> # Docbook XML source
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <article version="5.0" xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
>           xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
>           xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
>           xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";
>           xmlns:m="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";
>           xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
>           xmlns:db="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";>

You are missing the important xml:lang attribute in your root element.
Without that attribute, all generated texts are created in English by
default. Add the line

   xml:lang="nl"

into your article without using any customization layer at all. Rebuild
your document and check it. :)

--
Gruß/Regards,
    Thomas Schraitle