Subject: Inserting ENTITYs without removing the DOCTYPE in Docbook files

Hello,

I am trying to resolve/replace the ENTITYs in my Docbook files without removing the DOCTYPE declaration. I tried using XMLLINT:

    xmllint --noent --dropdtd -o outfile.xml infile.xml

but this removed the DOCTYPE line along with resolving the ENTITYs. So if I don't use the --dropdtd then I get all of the ENTITYs brought in by the ENTITY line in the DOCTYPE.

Here is the snippet of XML that I start with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN" "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"[
<!ENTITY % my-defs SYSTEM "my-defs.mod">        %my-defs;
]>
<chapter id="introduction-and-overview">
 <title>Introduction and Overview</title>
 <section>
  <title>Introduction</title>
  <para>
   &CORP_NAME; Veneer Testers are high-speed, production-line
   testing machines for precision grading of wood veneer. The
   different models of &CORP_NAME; Veneer Testers measure
   different properties (or combinations of properties) of
   veneer in order to grade it.
  </para>

Here is what I am getting now with the --dropdtd

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<chapter id="introduction-and-overview">
 <title>Introduction and Overview</title>
 <section>
  <title>Introduction</title>
  <para>
   Metriguard Veneer Testers are high-speed, production-line
   testing machines for precision grading of wood veneer. The
   different models of Metriguard Veneer Testers measure
   different properties (or combinations of properties) of
   veneer in order to grade it.
  </para>
Here is what I want:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN" "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"[
<!ENTITY % my-defs SYSTEM "my-defs.mod">        %my-defs;
]>
<chapter id="introduction-and-overview">
 <title>Introduction and Overview</title>
 <section>
  <title>Introduction</title>
  <para>
   Metriguard Veneer Testers are high-speed, production-line
   testing machines for precision grading of wood veneer. The
   different models of Metriguard Veneer Testers measure
   different properties (or combinations of properties) of
   veneer in order to grade it.
  </para>

My question is has anyone dealt with this before? and how?

Regards,
Dean Nelson