Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Time for new DocBook Stylesheet Release?

Hi Frank,

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 22:18:23 +0200
Frank Arensmeier <farensmeier@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd be interested to know what to expect from these updates to come
> too –  besides bug fixes I mean.

For me, it's mostly bugfixes. Or in other words: don't know of any
revolutionary commits, but more evolutionary. ;)

> Are there any plans to implement some new and exciting output targets?

I follow the commits and mailing lists closely and I'm not aware of any
new "exciting output targets". Maybe there are projects going on behind
the curtain or from the Google Summer of Code.

For me, I'm pretty satisfied with the variety of available output
formats, although I'd love to see more bugfixes for EPUB3. It looks
still quite buggy.

> We have been building a CCMS
> system with Docbook as its backbone. So for my company it would be
> very important to know if Docbook is still alive and kicking.

Well, thanks Frank for confirming my theory. :) In my last mail, I
said we should release our stylesheets more often to avoid sending the
wrong signal. :)

I don't think it's dead; from my impression it's moving slowly. At least, in my
department, we still use it and invested lots of man power and efforts
(see the DAPS announcement last week).

--
Gruß/Regards,
    Thomas Schraitle