Subject: PACBook announce

Hi

I'm pleased (also slightly nervous) to announce the PACBook project.
This is a suite of linguistic pre-processing stylesheets for XML
documentation, primarily aimed at DocBook.

The project is hosted here:

https://github.com/STANLEYSecurity/PACBook

The stylesheets deal with two inter-related areas:

1. Translating documents;

2. The linguistic consequences of transclusion and / or conditional
processing.

Users of Publican may be interested to know that, among many other
things, these stylesheets attempt to address the linguistic problems
mentioned here:

https://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/en-US/Publican/4.0/html/Users_Guide/chap-Publican-Users_Guide-Creating_a_document.html#sect-Publican-Users_Guide-Entities_and_translation

Although I'm using these stylesheets daily (along with the DocBook XSL
stylesheets) and have been for years, this is not a 1.0 release.
Documentation is, ironically, a work in progress — see the doc folder or
the wiki, and unit tests are basically non-existent.

I'm happy to offer these stylesheets to the DocBook community in the
hope that someone will find them useful. Contributions are welcome.
--
Simon Dew

Technical Author | Stanley Security Solutions
1 Park Gate Close, Bredbury, Stockport SK6 2SZ, U.K.

Simon.Dew@SBDInc.com | +44 (0) 161 406 3400
www.stanleysecuritysolutions.co.uk

Registered Office: Stanley House, Bramble Road, Swindon
Registered in England and Wales No. 181585 VAT No. 232 2446 95
Stanley Security Solutions Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered number 181585 and VAT registered number 232244695. Registered Office: Stanley House, Bramble Road, Swindon, SN2 8ER. This message and any attachments are confidential. It may not be disclosed to, or used by, anyone other than the addressee, without the consent of the sender. If you receive this message in error, please send the message back to us and then permanently delete the message. For information about how we process data and monitor communications please see our Privacy Policy