Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Show off what you've done with Docbook

Hi,

Am Freitag, 11. September 2015, 23:45:25 schrieb Warren Block:
> [...]
>
> For me, DocBook is powerful but a pain to write.  AsciiDoc is simple to
> write, but does not have the semantic markup power of DocBook.

That is the essential part.

I hear from all sites that DocBook is a bit overwhelming for non-technical
people. They would love to contribute but don't want to install and work with
a complex toolchain just for fixing a simple typo.

For this reason, AsciiDoc would be a good start. Unfortunately, I have to
agree what Warren said about the lack of "semantic power". Funny sidenote,
AsciiDoc was based on DocBook. ;)

By the way, DocBook5 is based on a RELAX NG schema. It can be written in a
compact version (RNC) or in a XML syntax (RNG). Both are interchangeable
without loss of information. It would be great if AsciiDoc would fill this
gap, so both XML experts and non-technical inclined people could be satisfied.

--
Gruß/Regards
  Thomas Schraitle