Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] any problems with DocBook XSL 1.79.0?

Hi Bob,

we use DBDoclet (http://www.dbdoclet.org/) to auto-generate API-Documentation for DocBook.

Using the DocBook 1.79.0 stylesheets for html and fo output formats, the following behavior also occurred with prior stylesheet versions:

When rendering a derived class in java the following output appears (notice the trailing comma):

public final class Foo extends,
	Bar
{
}

The corresponding Docbook source generated by DBDoclet looks like the following:

<section xreflabel="Foo" xml:id="dbdoclet-class-Foo">
  <title>Foo</title>
  <para>The Foo class.</para>
  <section>
	<title>Synopsis</title>
	<classsynopsis class="class" language="java">
	  <ooclass>
		<modifier>public</modifier>
		<modifier>final</modifier>
		<modifier>class</modifier>
		<classname>Foo</classname>
	  </ooclass>
	  <ooclass>
		<classname>
		  <link linkend="dbdoclet-class-Bar">Bar</link>
		</classname>
	  </ooclass>
	</classsynopsis>
  </section>
</section>

I think this is rooted in the implementation of the following match which does not recognize being called from a classsynopsis:

<xsl:template match="ooclass|oointerface|ooexception" mode="java">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="preceding-sibling::*">
      <xsl:text>, </xsl:text>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:text> </xsl:text>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="common.html.attributes"/>
    <xsl:call-template name="id.attribute"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates mode="java"/>
</xsl:template>

I think that the dbdoclet output is correct and this is a bug in the stylesheets.

Otherwise the 1.79.0 release seems to be working great over here.

Regards,

Torsten