Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] any problems with DocBook XSL 1.79.0?

Hi Dean,
I would suggest breaking down the process into steps and examining the output of each step.

So I would run xmllint --xinclude on the file to generate a document with XIncludes resolved, in which you can look for the id in question. Then generating a temporary .fo file using your stylesheet, and checking for the id. And then passing that to FOP to make the PDF. That will show which stage is producing the error.