Subject: RE: FW: [docbook-apps] Question on adjusting IDs for reused content

I don’t think it does what you think it does. If you look at the very bottom of the page, it says:

Note that any instances of xref or link or olink that reference the original id value will not be altered. They will always point to the first instance in the output.”

I think the point of this little chunk of code is just to ensure that the TOC will work correctly...

What might work though is to use the dbhtml dir processing instruction:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Chunking.html#HtmlOutputDir

Just have each book generate into a different directory, and as long as you reuse chunks only across books (and not internal to a book) I think it would work? I’ve never tried it, though.

-Katie