Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] issue with 1.79.1 stylesheets and table id

Hi,
I think what is happening here is that you have DocBook 5 document written in the DocBook namespace but are using the non-namespaced version of the stylesheet that is better matched to DocBook 4. When that happens, the stylesheet detects the namespace, and then converts the document to DocBook 4 before applying formatting templates. Part of that conversion is to change each instance of xml:id in the document to id, so that your new template does not match.

The solution is to either switch to the namespaced version of the stylesheets (recommended for Docbook 5), or change the customized template to match="@id".