Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] [OT] DocBook XSL license

Hi Jan,

The DocBook TC met today, and after the official meeting concluded, we discussed your request. Norm Walsh told us that the current license uses the same wording as the MIT license, except that we added provisions concerning attribution of code and didn't identify the license as coming from the MIT license.

No one on the call is a lawyer, but we didn't see any objections to someone distributing customizations that carried another license as long as the existing material carries the current license.

We agreed to change the license file to identify the license as the MIT license, then separately note the additional restriction concerning the use of the names of the copyright holders.

I hope that helps.

FYI, I'm cross posting this to the DocBook Apps group because that's were it initiated.

Best regards,
Richard
-------
XML Press