Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] [OT] DocBook XSL license

Dear Richard,

On 2016-03-16 Richard Hamilton wrote:
> On 2016-03-12 Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> >
> > I am implementing stylesheets for DocBook conversion into special
> > format which I'd like to publish on GitHub. I am reusing the code
> > from DocBook XSL distribution - from /common and /lib.
> >
> > I plan to distribute it under a common license, most likely GPL v3.
> > I'd like to verify if this license is compatible with that found in
> > DocBook XSL distribution
>
> We agreed to change the license file to identify the license as the MIT
> license, then separately note the additional restriction concerning the
> use of the names of the copyright holders.

thanks for moving this further.

I am just worried mentioning MIT with those additional restrictions might
cause more confusions than today. Seeing MIT one expects something. I would
rephrase [1] - If You Change MIT, It's Not MIT Anymore ;-)

While it is completely up to the author, I'd either switch to common license
without extra claims, or use specific one as currently.

Anyway, I changed my mind and for my purpose I'll use the same license as
that used in DocBook XSL distribution. I'll sync the former if the latter
changes in any way.

Jan

_________
[1] http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/docbook/book/ch05.html