Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] [WebHelp] Language support for search

On 6/22/16 1:31 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> looking into the language support I can see only en/es/jp stopwords and
> de/en/fr stemmers:
>
> http://snapshots.docbook.org/xsl/webhelp/template/search/
>
> Has anybody implemented additional ones?
>
> In foreseeable future I'd like to cover also pt/it/cs/nl. I have some ideas,
> based on lucene analyzers, but why not use something existing ;-)

Hi Jan,

Your post prompted me to look at the Porter stemmer site to see if other
stemmers had been implemented in JavaScript:
http://snowball.tartarus.org/otherlangs/index.html

While there, I noticed a link to the Urim project which appears to have
a number of stemmers in JavaScript:

https://code.google.com/archive/p/urim/
https://github.com/mazko/jssnowball

Perhaps those could be adapted to work in webhelp.

Regards,
David