Subject: Translation

Dear all,

I have a question about Translations. What tools do you recommend to
more professionally translate docbook files.
I have looked at OmegaT and Pootle a bit so far but not really taken a
dive to set up a whole chain.

I do keep my Docbook files in a structure in git (git annex for images):

/dir/file.en.xml
/dir/file.de.xml

I am not using the OmegaT setup which rather suggests
/en/dir/file.xml
/de/dir/file.xml

I am looking for an easy interface to translation also for people who
are not so familiar with XML (friends). What other solutions are there ?

Wishlist: Modern open source translation memory application with git
integration and docbook support, preferably under any os using any
editor (emacs), on-line would work, but then server "on premise", eg my
laptop, and not on the Internet.

Pointers?

Fred