Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] user-defined text/background color in HTML output

Hello, Bob!

Thank you very much for your detailed answer.

For now, I've solved my problem by parsing the role's value and constructing the value for <xsl:attribute name="style"> inside <xsl:template match="phrase"> (in my customization layer).
I mean, I copied the existing <xsl:template match="phrase"> from \docbook-xsl-1.78.1\html\inline.xsl to my customization layer and added a <xsl:choose> block inside it to do the parsing and styling job. In my customization layer, I haven't removed any other lines from the existing template.

The result looks good in my HTML output :)

Do you think it is an acceptable solution, or is it better to follow the way you described in your previous message with creating a template named "style.attribute", etc.?

P.S.: And let me thank you for your amazing guide to DocBook XSL; it helps me immensely in my everyday work!

P.P.S.: While I'm at it, may I mention something that looked like a small bug in the stylesheets for FO output?
In docbook-xsl-1.78.1\fo\table.xsl, for table rows you can see:

<xsl:template name="table.row.properties">

  <xsl:variable name="bgcolor">
    <xsl:call-template name="pi.dbfo_bgcolor"/>
  </xsl:variable>

  <xsl:if test="$bgcolor != ''">
    <xsl:attribute name="background-color">
      <xsl:value-of select="$bgcolor"/>
    </xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:if>

</xsl:template>

For me adding a background color to table row hadn't worked until I extended the template call:

    <xsl:variable name="bgcolor">
      <xsl:call-template name="pi.dbfo_bgcolor">
        <xsl:with-param name="node" select="ancestor-or-self::row"/>
      </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:variable>

Is really a bug, or have I misunderstood something and made a hack instead of fix?

Thank you very much!

--
Ekaterina Shikareva.