Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Can't get olink to generate a working link between books in a set

Hi Bob,

Thank you for pointing this out.  It is working now, and I'm very grateful
for your help!

Best wishes,

Bob

Bob McIlvride	Communications Manager
Cogent Real-Time Systems Inc., a Skkynet company
T  1 905 702 7851 ext 103
cogent.ca

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:37 PM
To: Bob McIlvride <bob.mcilvride@skkynet.com>;
docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Can't get olink to generate a working link
between books in a set

Hi Bob,
I think the problem is in the targetdoc attributes in your olinkdb.xml file.
The targetdoc value in both a document's olink element and in the database
document element is just an identifier name, not a filename.
Those identifiers must match, and they will when you remove the ".xml"
from the targetdoc value in the database file.

There is a good reason why targetdoc is not a filename, and that is because
filenames can be changed without having to rewrite dozens of olinks embedded
in files.