Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] customising header/footer

Hi Tomas,
I'm not able to duplicate this problem. When I copied your header.content template into an otherwise empty customization layer and processed an article, the header on the first page is blank.

The header.content template is called each time a page sequence is being set up, in the static content before the pages are generated. It won't generate any messages as the pages are generated. You might see your output if you are using a custom page-sequence-master that does not actually call the 'first' value for any page. Without seeing more of your customization, I can't say more.