Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] <programlisting linenumbering="numbered"> does not number...

We have never been able to use Xerces due to this bug in XInclude:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESJ-1102

Note that it has a patch since 2005 (sic!) but hasn't been integrated yet.

Docbook stylesheets rely heavily on xml:base being correct, so if one has non-flat arrangement of source XMLs, all hell breaks loose.

Regards,
Alexey.