Subject: Conversion: xml:lang not added to root element of Epub/XHTML1/XHTML5 files

Proposals:

Can the official XSLT converstion files for Epub/XHTML5/XHTML1 be updated to add the xml:lang attribute to the root element of all HTML documents?

And/Or how can I at least make it happen in my local version of the XSLT files?

If XSLT has technical limiations that prevents this behavior, then at the very least - as a workaround, xml:lang should in addition to be added to the (in this case) HTML <section> elemewnt, also be added to the <title> element. (Or else, the title element would be 'hanging in the air', as an element without language tag assigned.)

Background:

The (x)HTML XSLT conversion sheets for DocBook fails to add a (xml:)lang) attribute to the <html> element. This happens for Epub, XHTML1 and XHTMl5 conversion. (I have not tested HTML conversion.)

[1] http://cdn.docbook.org/release/xsl/current/xhtml5/docbook.xsl
--
leif halvard silli