Subject: RE: Help generating custom Docbkx Maven Plugin?

Hi Robert,

I build all my documents using the docbkx plugin, though as I have to build on an internal network my configuration is tailored to the environment.  I think your “first port of call” should be the docbkx-tools manual (http://docbkx-tools.sourceforge.net/docbkx-samples/manual.html) this tells you how to set up your POM, but also there is some excellent info on the docbkx forum (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/docbkx-tools-users).

Cheers

Nick

From: Robert Crews [mailto:rcrews@hortonworks.com]
Sent: 27 February 2017 22:21
To: docbook-apps <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [docbook-apps] Help generating custom Docbkx Maven Plugin?

I'd like instructions for how to build a custom Docbkx maven plugin. On http://docbkx-tools.sourceforge.net/builder.html, the instructions seem to be:

  1. Put a copy of docbook-xsl-[version].zip to the lib directory of your distribution
  2. Configure the plugin with the version number of the Docbook XSL distribution
  3. Configure a package name for the generated sources
  4. Add some meta data for every type of output document you aim to generate using your plugin
  5. If you want to know more, carefully study the sources of the Maven Docbkx Plugin itself

Does anyone have experience with this to fill in the gaps of my understanding? I am keen to get this working. Once I figure it out, I will contribute documentation back to the project so everyone can benefit.

Robert