Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Pure JS WebHelp

It'd be great if you added this to Github.

I'm especially interested to see if this could be adapted to provide features (search, side navigation, etc) to other tools that can only output HTML out of box.

--------------------------------
David Goss, Business Analyst
Frontier Science (www.frontierscience.org)
LDMS (www.ldms.org)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barton Wright" <ordinant@gmail.com>
To: "Jan Tosovsky" <j.tosovsky@email.cz>
Cc: "docbook-apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2017 11:47:50 AM

Hi Jan,

Thank you a thousand times for posting this work.

I vote for an initial upload to GitHub.

I notice you're using <simplesect>. Have you tried your XSL with <section> structuring?

Thanks!

On Apr 16, 2017, at 10:46 AM, Jan Tosovsky <j.tosovsky@email.cz> wrote:

Dear All,

as promised, I've published a demo output
https://www.bilyujezd.cz/beta/strucna-historie.html

Core changes against the current WebHelp:
- responsive design (Mobile First)
- breadcrumb
- improved ToC processing (ToC is linked, not embedded in every HTML file)
- enhanced search related code (cleaning up the code for better maintenance)
- enhanced translation support (all messages are stored in standard l10n XML
files)
- storing client state even on file system or localhost (utilizing HTML5
Local Storage)
- removing jQuery and jQueryUI dependency

Further features:
- ability to enlarge downsized images (aka lightbox, especially useful for
SVG images)
- ability to copy links to specific anchors
- SASS styling (interpreted into CSS)

Weaknesses:
- only modern browsers are supported (Chrome, FF, Edge, IE10+)
- no custom params to override current bahavior
- no out-of-the-box scripts for copying dependencies to the target
destination

Should I put related XSL files and resources to my GitHub account or
directly to some DocBook sandbox?

Thanks,

Jan