Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Pure JS WebHelp

On 4/16/17 9:46 AM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> as promised, I've published a demo output
> https://www.bilyujezd.cz/beta/strucna-historie.html

Wow, that looks great! It was in need of a refresh. Frontend stuff grows
stale quickly.

> Weaknesses:
> - only modern browsers are supported (Chrome, FF, Edge, IE10+)

That's not a weakness ;-)

> - no out-of-the-box scripts for copying dependencies to the target
> destination

It was always tricky to maintain those. Everybody needs something
different and there's no clean "customization layer" mechanism like with
xslt. It is nice to provide something that 'just works out of the box',
and at least something that builds sample output as a test for each
build though.

> Should I put related XSL files and resources to my GitHub account or
> directly to some DocBook sandbox?

I'm sure if you do a PR, others will jump in and help you finish the
integration. It sounds like the format still meets a need for several users.

Regards,
David