Subject: Aw: Re: [docbook-apps] tagged and accessible PDF document with DocBook

Thank you for your explanation, Bob.
Do you have a DocBook test document with (nearly) all DocBook elements and combinations? During my work on the specification I'm also writing a lot of "test" code to proof the resulting PDF tag structure. Having such a document would speed up my work a bit ;-)

Another (for me) important topic I came across these days is the XSL-FO code generated by the DocBook-XSL files. They often contain deeply nested fo:block structures which will be tagged as paragraph (P) structure by FOP. This is the standard behavior that could not and will not be changed! This leads to an also deeply nested PDF tag structure. I couldn't find any solution for this problem so I wrote a Python script that optimizes the fo:block structures in side the document by merging fo:blocks as well as their attributes.

You can find the script and an example (before/after) on github: https://github.com/hbast/dao

Bye, Holger