Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DcBk assembly- contentonly=true - is including the meta-info of discarded subsuming root element - Is this correct behavior?

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
> Hi Otto,
> You have certainly pointed out an inconsistency.  I'm researching this and
> will get back to you.
>
> Bob Stayton

Glad I'm not missing something on my part that is "obvious," that's always a bit embarrassing.

Here are a couple of other data points.

If you insert //omitttitles="true"// for example the assembly line for one topic would be:
    <module contentonly="true" omittitles="true" resourceref="topic1"/>

instead of the original of:
    <module contentonly="true" resourceref="topic1"/>

then the following is produced:

====Result if //omittitles="true"// is added====>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<book xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" version="5.1">
    <info>
        <title>Book title of sample assembly of topics</title>
    </info>
    <chapter xml:id="chapter1">
        <info>
            <title>Title of first chapter</title>
        </info>
        <info xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"> </info>
        <para xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">Paragraph contained in topic #1.</para>

        <info xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"> </info>
        <para xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">Paragraph contained in topic #2.</para>
    </chapter>
</book>
<====Result if //omittitles="true"// is added====

Note the empty info-element.

As some background, I had been walking through a tutorial I found:
http://www.xmlmind.com/tutorials/DocBookAssemblies/index.html

or as pdf:
http://www.xmlmind.com/tutorials/DocBookAssemblies/DocBookAssemblies.pdf

They depict the //contentonly="true"// as simply taking in the content, and less the info-element.

The assembly with the "contentonly" is depicted in section 6, titled "Aggregating contents pulled from topics."
The topics used throughout are depicted in section 3, titled "What is an assembly?"
These topics have info-elements as meta for the topic-element, but they depict a result of the assembly to have removed the info-elements of the topic-element.

Don't know if that helps, there seems to be some kind of inconsistency. Maybe they are running a modified xsl.

This provides some context for the discovery of the issue I'm presenting.

Best regards,

..Otto