Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Including a variable in an xlink:href value

Hello Janice,

Since you're using Maven, as a workaround you could use bare Maven expressions and perform Maven filtering on the source before using the docbkx plugin.

Maven filtering replaces expressions like ${project.version} with the values of their Maven properties. For example, in a 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT project, ${project.version} would be replaced with 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT. Unlike docbkx, which works on the XML, Maven filtering works with the files as if they were plain text.

In the source, no need to figure out how to embed a processing instruction inside an attribute value. Just use the Maven _expression_. In your example:
xlink:href="" href="https://mycompany.com/directory/file-name-${project.version}.tar.gz">https://mycompany.com/directory/file-name-${project.version}.tar.gz"

In the <build> of your Maven pom.xml:

Hope it helps. Regards,

Mark