Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using the DocBook XSLT 2.0 stylesheets with Gradle

On 3/5/18 11:33 AM, Dave Pawson wrote:
ant lets me pick / choose bits|all
Am I odd? Minority? Majority?

You are very odd Dave, but don't change the subject ;-)

In my case a couple of toolchain developers (minority) support a large number of authors (majority). The tools developer's job is to make it so the authors can create content without knowing much about the magic that turns that into pdf/html/xml artifacts. A system for managing dependencies like gradle+maven artifacts makes it easy to roll out changes without breaking existing doc builds and to hide lots of complexity from users.

Of course they need to understand enough to create correct markup, but few if any of my authors will ever subscribe to this list, but they're still DocBook users.

Regards,
David