Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Japanese index

On 2018-04-25 Jirka Kosek wrote:
> On 25.4.2018 11:57, Tony Graham wrote:
> > Sorry, but I've never used it, so all that I know is what's on the website.
>
> I see. After digging some old emails I have been able to find this link:
>
> https://www.antennahouse.com/i18n-support-library-2/
>
> It contains open-source part of library that should be working with
> "kimber" method in the stylesheets. This could provide Jan with correct
> Japanese indexing.

Oops, I've forgotten there are other indexing methods. That 'kimber' looks very promising.

Thanks a lot for the link to the Saxon extension. The original link at http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/IndexIntl.html is broken now.

If I understand correctly, comparing the open-source version 1 and the version 2, the latter brings enhancements in Chinese sorting and support for additional languages. Both is not directly related to Japanese so I'll start with that open source version.

Thanks,

Jan