Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] docbook namespaced stylesheets

Thnx for the reply. I feared that might be the case. I'll harass the package manager on mu Linux dist ;)

/Niels

On 05/29/18 15:55, stefan wrote:

On 2018-05-29 08:27 AM, Niels Müller Larsen wrote:
Hi there

Back in 2015 I had issues with missing bibliography entries. Bob Stayton directed me towards using namespaced stylesheets, and that solved the problem.

Now, 2018, I think I read somewhere that the xsl-stylesheets-1.79.2 stylesheets were namespaced even though the -ns- from the name disappeared.

Quite a while ago I migrated the docbook-xsl repo from sourceforge to github (https://github.com/docbook/xslt10-stylesheets). Given that we had to change URLs anyhow, we took the opportunity to cleanup some other bits of logic, such as the relationship between namespace-aware vs. non-namespace-aware stylesheets.

So any packages build from the new repo are namespace-aware by default, while the non-namespace-aware packages are generated  and use the "nons" suffix in their name (see https://github.com/docbook/xslt10-stylesheets/releases).

Unfortunately I don't think any official docbook-xsl release was ever built from the new repo, so I fear that all packages you can get from Linux distributions will all still be built from the old (and very outdated) sourceforge code.

Some experiments with xsl-stylesheets-1.79.2-4 on my arch linux bring back the missing biblipgraphy items. I am confused, can anyone explain, please?

/Niels

Stefan