Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Convert CSL styles to Docbook stylesheet

On 6.6.2018 20:22, Peter Fleck wrote:
> I wonder if it would be much work to convert the wealth of resources of
> Bibliography styles using the CSL XML (Citation Style Language) on Zotero
> to Docbook templates in the same manner as the ISO690 . There is over 9000
> styles there at the moment - https://www.zotero.org/styles/ but if we could
> even get a few of the main styles like APA, MLA, Chicago, they would be of
> immense benefit.
>
> Here for example is Chicago -
> https://www.zotero.org/styles/chicago-fullnote-bibliography?source=1

Looking at the examples it should be possible to write transformation
that would convert CSL style into XSLT customization of DocBook citation
styles (similar to ISO690 support in the stylesheets). But this would
take significant effort.

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing