Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to make chemical structure automatically numbered

I think the table is adding valid semantic structure here. It allows the figure numbering to exist at the Docbook level, not in SVG.

Maybe use <figure> elements inside an <informaltable>? You could wrap the informaltable in an example to give the entire set of diagrams a title.

Peter

 <informaltable>
ÂÂÂ <tgroup cols="2">
ÂÂÂÂÂ <tbody>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <row>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <entry><figure>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <title>Chemical One</title>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <mediaobject>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <imageobject>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <imagedata fileref="1.svg"/>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ </imageobject>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ </mediaobject>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ </figure></entry>

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <entry><figure>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <title>Chemical Two</title>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <mediaobject>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <imageobject>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <imagedata fileref="2.svg"/>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ </imageobject>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ </mediaobject>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ </figure></entry>
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ </row>
ÂÂÂÂÂ </tbody>
ÂÂÂ </tgroup>
 </informaltable>

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018, 08:28 Thomas Schraitle <tom_schr@web.de> wrote:
Hi,

Am Freitag, 12. Oktober 2018, 14:12:15 CEST schrieb Bernhard Kleine:
> In my second mail to this threat a showed a complex table with
> structures, arrows labeling etc. I cannot envisage this without a table
> structure.

As Dave already pointed out, a table might not be the appropriate way to
layout things.

Have you considered SVG? With SVG (or any other vector format) you can do all
the fancy stuff (arrows, labeling etc.) that you need.

--
GruÃ/Regards
 Thomas Schraitle