Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] New to this list, with an XSL question...

Filippo,

I tried to reproduce and to find out the problem on my own Debian
GNU/Linux 9.5 (stretch) installation.

I suggest there is a mess with a non-ns and ns-awared stylesheets you
use with your distribution and your DocBook source file.

The point is that:

- using this statement: <xsl:import
href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/current/fo/docbook.xsl"/>
you imported ns-awared DocBook stylesheets (from web)

- but using this one: <xsl:import
href="/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/fo/docbook.xsl"/>
- not ns-aware (from local path)

The ns-awared stylesheets for Debian 9.5 are located at
/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl-ns/fo/docbook.xsl (NOTE
the difference: docbook-xsl-NS).

Moreover, versions (I mean DocBook XSL version) of files at your local
path and on a web can be different (however, for the Debian 9.5 they
are the same).

Still, there is an open question for me - what version of DocBook
source (document itself) did you create and/or edit? 4.5 or 5.0/5.1?

It is recommended to use the appropriate stylesheets modification with
the appropriate version of source files.

I.e.:
- not ns-awared with 4.5 source files;
- ns-awared with 5.0/5.1 source files.

--