Subject: EPUB: suppress one chapter from the navigation document -- how?

I am making an epub file, and on the TOC I want to suppress one or more HTML pages from being listed in the navigation document. (For example, I want the TOC to show CHAPTER 1, CHAPTER 3, .... but have no Chapter 2 entry visible in the TOC navigation document. )Â

There are manual ways to do this. First, I can manually remove the LI item referring to the line I want to suppress. But the better solution is to give the LI item in the TOC navigation document the "hidden=" attribute. http://www.idpf.org/epub/301/spec/epub-contentdocs.html#sec-xhtml-nav-def-hidden

Has anyone figured out how to do that with docbook/xslt?Â

The use case is that I have some introductory stuff which shouldn't appear in the navigation document on the reading system. (Like a page of blurbs, or a page promoting other titles by that author).Â

Thanks.ÂÂ