Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Font for the info part different than for the rest and the colophon

On Jan 29, 2019, at 9:23 AM, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:

> The generated copyright symbol uses a template named 'dingbat' in fo/fo.xsl.  It sets the font-family to the $dingbat.fontset which is defined in fo/pagesetup.xsl.

I remember a time when such hacks were common and reasonable, but is it not now past time where we can safely assume reasonable code point coverage in fonts?

I get that there are poor-quality fonts or those that were designed back in the 8-bit character days, but do you want to be using those in DocBook applications, anyway?

And if it is not yet time to pull all those hacks out, then when?