Subject: AW: [docbook-apps] Integrating Markdown and DocBook

Hi,

JFTR, the DITA community is going a similar route with integrating Markdown and DITA XML: https://www.dita-ot.org/3.2/topics/markdown-input.html

Best regards,
Frank

-----UrsprÃngliche Nachricht-----
Von: simonjabadaw@gmail.com <simonjabadaw@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Samstag, 16. Februar 2019 17:35
An: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Betreff: Re: [docbook-apps] I have paragraphs that contains MarkDown. Is there a way in the XSLT to process them as markdown?

Hi

On Mon, 2019-02-11 at 15:14 +0100, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> student of my wrote XSLT 2 transform that can parse Markdown and
> convert
>
> it to DocBook:
>
> https://github.com/MSmid/markdown2docbook

Thanks Jirka. This is very interesting, because in combination with DocBook assemblies [1] it raises the possibility of being able to pull together resources written in both Markdown and DocBook, and publish the resulting assembly through the DocBook toolchain.

Subject matter experts and other contributors could provide and maintain topics or chapters in the format they prefer.

[1]: https://tdg.docbook.org/tdg/5.1/transform.html

--
Simon Dew