Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Implementing support for filterin/filterout in assemblies

Hi Peter,

I don't know of an existing implementation, but I would be willing to assist with your efforts.

Before you start, though, you might not need to use the filterin filterout elements if you just need simple conditional exclusion. Note that assembly elements like module accept the regular DocBook effectivity attributes. You can preprocess your assembly file containing those attributes using the stock profiling/profile.xsl stylesheet and command line parameters to produce a profiled assembly.as described here under the "Two-pass processing" heading.

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/AlternateText.html#ProfileFilter