Subject: Tool to validate table layouts?

Hello all,

We regularly see issues with table layouts that break PDF builds of
documents. This often goes undetected for weeks because we only build
PDFs only every so often--they take a lot longer to generate than HTML
versions of the same documents.

Now HTMLs build won't break because of broken tables. The eventual
renderer will just swallow broken HTML, because that's what browsers do
all day long anyway.

So, it would be great to have a tool that could detect broken table
layouts early. Namely the following classes of errors:

* Too many/too few columns defined in the colspec
* Too many/too few columns/rows defined in colspan/morerows

Is there anything that does that already?

Note that we do use a CI but it currently only does a Relax NG
validation and HTML builds. PDF builds, again, are a bit too expensive
to run on every commit and there is a good chance Travis will just
cancel long-running PDF builds.

So, it would be ideal to have an open-source tool that can run in our CI
and does not take as long as a full PDF build.

Suggestions?

Thank you already,

Stefan.

--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH: MaxfeldstraÃe 5 / 90409 NÃrnberg /
Germany. Handelsregisterbuch 247165, Amtsgericht MÃnchen.