Subject: section "label" attribute not producing label

Hi,

I’m entirely new to DocBook and am trying to use it in Oxygen’s XML Editor (v. 21). I’m trying to convert a client’s native XML to DocBook for use.

I have a document with <sect1> as a root element and subsections and the @label attribute does not work:

  1. In Oxygen Author mode section labels are prefixed with the label of the component that contains them (I want to turn that off), plus the actual @label value is ignored (autonumbering takes over), e.g., <sect1 label=”Chapter 6”> appears in Oxygen as “Section 1:”
  2. In PDF the @label value is simply ignored.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Brendan Martin